Re: Completion of mobile accessibility document for review

Here is a proposal to clear the remaining pending action items on the WCAG-MWBP document:

Add the following paragraph under "The Relationship Between WCAG and MWBP" <http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/TaskForces/Accessibility/drafts/latest/#no_correspondence_table>

WCAG and MWBP both aim to improve the Web interaction of users who experience barriers due to either disabilities or the device used to access the Web. However, WCAG and MWBP have slightly different approaches. For example, a key feature of WCAG is testability and the WCAG 2.0 success criteria are specifically designed to be testable statements. W3C recommends that all Web sites comply with WCAG 2.0. In some situations, Web sites are legally required to be accessible. MWBP is different in that it provides suggested best practices for consideration. Although some of the best practices are testable, they are not all intended to be testable. It is not expected that all Web sites will meet MWBP.

---

Thoughts?

*If at all possible, I'd like to discuss this with EOWG this week* since Alan won't be available next week.

Thanks,
~Shawn