Re: Experiences Document

Yeliz Yesilada wrote:
> Please find attached the latest versions of the "experiences" document.
> I have addressed most of the comments from the EO meeting last Friday
> and also addressed most of the survey results (from the "before"
> section).

Hi Yeliz,

Thank you for your work on this, and getting it ready to publish this week! Unless something changes, I plan to announce it later today, so it is in place before the MWBP press release tomorrow <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-bpwg/2008Jul/0041.html>

In the survey <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35532/mobile-experiences-july2008/results> I put a couple of minor editorial suggestions in the section that could be addressed after publication[1]. Is it OK with you if I go ahead and do those before publication?

Also, can we schedule a time in the next day or two to talk briefly about the status and plans for continued editing and EOWG review? If your schedule permits, I would like to keep working on this document to address the other comments, and review the content in detail.

Best,
~Shawn

[1] two editorial suggestions:
priority: editor's discretion
location: both version, first sentence
current wording: "People... have similar interaction limitations and experience similar barriers when interacting with Web sites."
suggested revision: "People... have similar interaction limitations and they experience similar barriers when interacting with Web sites."
rationale: a little clearer

priority: editor's discretion
location: both version, first paragraph, last sentence
current wording: "This page provides examples of barriers to interacting with Web content experienced by people with disabilities and people using mobile devices. These barriers are grouped under four principles: perceivable, operable, understandable and robust. These principles lay the foundation necessary for anyone to access and use Web content, see Understanding the Four Principles of Accessibility. Mobile devices vary widely and not all the problems are present on all models. It includes links to some relevant solutions in the WCAG 2.0 Quick Reference for the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Working Draft (including guidelines and success criteria (SC)) and Mobile Web Best Practices 1.0."
rationale: I think switching the order and separating it will make it a little more clear and make the important infomration stand out more. Adding "as described in" and "section of Introduction to Understanding WCAG 2.0" clarifies the link and that it goes inside another page (instead of the beginning of a page).