possible alternative browser - WebbIE - suggestion for inclusion in accessible browser list

Forwarded message 1

  • From: Alasdair King <alasdair.king@manchester.ac.uk>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 14:06:40 +0000
  • Subject: [Moderator Action] WebbIE - suggestion for inclusion in accessible browser list
  • To: peter@soundlinks.com
  • Cc: wai@w3.org
Hi Peter,

I wonder if I might request that my web browser for blind people,
WebbIE, be included on the list of "Browsers specifically designed for
people with disabilities" (Section 1) on

http://www.w3.org/WAI/References/Browsing

WebbIE re-presents web pages as linear text, accessible to any screen
reader, and supports forms, frames and much JavaScript. It has been
around for about two years now, and has several hundred users in several
countries. It is also completely free. The WebbIE homepage is

http://www.webbie.org.uk

I know there is quite a list on the W3C page, but many of those appear
to have disappeared. The following links did not point to anything
relevant when I tried them:
# EIAD
# Marco Polo
# MultiWeb
# pwWebSpeak
# WebSound
WebbIE might therefore add value to a shortened list.

If you have any queries or comments do mail or call me.

Best wishes,
Alasdair King

--
Alasdair King