Re: New Web page "Introduction to Web Accessibility"

Hi Encarna,

> In order to serve the Spanish Version via content negotiation, could you
> please host the Spanish version at w3.org?
> Let me know if you think that the document will change frequently and it is
> better for us to have it at w3c.es

I am not able to address the issue of where to host the document. Please coordinate this with Ivan Herman and Shadi About-Zahra.

Let me know when the translation has a stable URI and I will link to the translation from the main English version of the page.

I expect that the document will be fairly stable. I expect a few minor changes in links when we update to the redesigned WAI Web site, which will be within the first quarter of 2005 (by March). Also, since it is a new document, there might be some changes after it is announced. To help make it easy to update translations, I will carefully record any revisions from this Version 1 onward.

> I have seen that one of the documents, that you suggested as interesting for
> translation, is not a draft any more, I am talking about “Interdependent
> Components of Web Accessibility” [http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/components],
> could I start also the translation of this one?, (always asking just in case
> of future changes).

Yes, it has the same status: Version 1 of "Interdependent Components of Web Accessibility" is complete and ready for translation. I expect that the document will be fairly stable. I expect a few minor changes in links when we update to the redesigned WAI Web site, which will be within the first quarter of 2005 (by March). Also, since it is a new document, there might be some changes after it is announced. To help make it easy to update translations, I will carefully record any revisions from this Version 1 onward.

> And lastly, there are five documents that will be also very interesting for
> translation, these are:
> - Developing a Web Accessibility Business Case for Your Organization:
> Overview [http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/bcase/Overview]
> - Developing a Web Accessibility Business Case for Your Organization: Social
> Factors
> [http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/bcase/soc]
> - Developing a Web Accessibility Business Case for Your Organization:
> Technical Factors
> [http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/bcase/tech]
> - Developing a Web Accessibility Business Case for Your Organization:
> Financial Factors
> [http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/bcase/fin]
> - Developing a Web Accessibility Business Case for Your Organization: Legal
> and Policy Factors
> [http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/bcase/pol]
> All of them are quite new (2004) but I also need to know if they will change
> in the future with the redesign of WAI Web site.

These Business Case pages are incomplete draft documents and I strongly recommend that you do not translate the drafts, wait to translate them after they are complete. As noted on these pages, "This document is a review draft [see change log in progress] and should not be referenced or quoted under any circumstances"

I expect to complete these Business Case documents soon (within the next month or so), and once Version 1 is complete, we would very much welcome your translating them.

Best regards,

~ Shawn