RE: Comments on updated components document

From: Shawn Lawton Henry <shawn@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 00:37:12 -0400
To: <achuter@teleservicios.com>, "wai eo editors" <wai-eo-editors@w3.org>

Thanks, Alan, for the comments.

> I think the phrase "However, if one component does not
> implement an accessibility feature", would be better turned
> around to say "However, when an accessibility feature is not
> implemented by one of the components". There are many
> features that are not implemented. "When" is closer to
> reality than "if".

I agree that "when" is reality; however, the group agreed (perhaps in a
teleconference that you missed) to go for a postive approach to
introduce each issue, and I think "if" is more positive. Also, "when"
might makes it seem inevitable; whereas "if" is more optimistic that it
doesn't have to be that way.

> In the diagram I don't understand "content: natural". Perhaps
> it means binary objects, but it isn't clear to me.

removed

> The phrase "work-arounds that take much more effort", maybe
> say "require" rather than "take".

done

> I had trouble understanding the phrase "some missing
> accessibility support in one component".

changed to "...sometimes poor accessibility support in one component..."
to match the previous paragraph, "If one component has poor
accessibility support,..."

> Under "Guidelines for Components" / WCAG, "the code aspect" I
> found rather obscure.

removed it (actually, it's not correct!)