Guidelines -- presumptive international standards

From: Harvey Bingham <hbingham@acm.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 17:22:47 -0400
To: wai-eo-editors@w3.org

To help clarify accessibility issues and define accessibility solutions,
the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) develops
<http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro//WAI/intro/components#guidelines>guidelines
that are international standards for Web accessibility.

ISO remains the international standards organization. Their molasses pace
doesn't match ours. But -- I'd rather we avoid the presumption that we do
international standards.

     http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/accessibility

You clarify on the proposed top page:

WAI develops...
    * guidelines widely regarded as the international standards for Web
accessibility

Regards/Harvey

Regards/Harvey