Guidelines -- presumptive international standards

From: Harvey Bingham <hbingham@acm.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 17:22:47 -0400
To: wai-eo-editors@w3.org

To help clarify accessibility issues and define accessibility solutions,
the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) develops
that are international standards for Web accessibility.

ISO remains the international standards organization. Their molasses pace
doesn't match ours. But -- I'd rather we avoid the presumption that we do
international standards.

You clarify on the proposed top page:

WAI develops...
    * guidelines widely regarded as the international standards for Web