Business case suite: suggested edits

From: Chuck Letourneau <cpl@starlingweb.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 13:26:00 -0500
To: wai-eo-editors@w3.org

Here are some suggestions for editor/taskforce of the Business case
resource suite.

Overview page: [http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/bcase/Overview.html]

1) One navigation enhancement I would appreciate is to have the links to
Policy, Economic, Social and Technical factors pages repeated at the bottom
of the introduction page.  I found myself (somewhat childishly) annoyed to
have to page-up or scroll-up to find a link to go to next.

----------------

Economic factors page: [http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/bcase/econ.html]

2) Para 1 - sentence 1 -
I would change: "This document describes the economic factors..."
to: "This document describes economic factors..."
Reason: the former implies comprehensiveness while the reality is that
there may be other benefits we don't discuss or foresee.  The latter is
more general.  I think it would be too wishy-washy to say "This document
describes some of the economic factors..."

3) Rather than link back to the overview page from the link text: "...
other pages of this resource suite" I would either link up to the in-page
suite menu or explicitly link to the Policy, Social and Technical factors
pages in-line.  I'm assuming (perhaps incorrectly) that most visitors to
this page will have been, at least once, to the overview page.

Social Factors page: [http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/bcase/soc.html]

4) Intro: same comment about link to overview (item 3).

Chuck Letourneau

Starling Access Services
"Access A World Of Possibility"