UK Policy listings

From: Shawn Lawton Henry <shawn@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 00:41:59 -0500
To: "'Alistair Garrison'" <alistair.garrison@accessinmind.com>
Cc: <wai-eo-editors@w3.org>, "'Judy Brewer'" <jbrewer@w3.org>

Hi, Alistair

I attempted to update the UK Policy listings per your e-mail

I had trouble clarifying what are the official jurisdictions versus what
are additional informational sites. For now, I put all under relevant
documents - as drafted is available at:
http://www.w3.org/WAI/Policy/#UK. (Previous listings are at the end of
this e-mail.)

Perhaps we should discuss what should go where, especially official
jurisdictions? Feel free to ring me directly, or let me know when and
where to contact you.

Thanks much,

here is what was in the listing previously:

Legislation: Disability Discrimination Act of 1995

Jurisdiction: Department of Education and Employment, Ministry of Equal
Opportunities; Disability Rights Commission; Office of the e-Envoy

Relevant Documents:

Guidelines for Government Websites

Additional information:

DISinHE's (Disability Information Systems in Higher Education)
Disability Legislation page
DISinHE's questions/answers on Disability Discrimination Act
DISinHE's Implications for Higher Education Institutions
DISinHE's Disability Legislation and Implications for Higher Education
JISC Senior Management Briefing Paper 15, Disability, Technology and
Legislation: New
Pressures and New Opportunities for Further and Higher Education
Institutions and Staff [formerly at
Cabinet Office Press Release on Net Gain for Britain's Public Services