UK Policy listings

From: Shawn Lawton Henry <shawn@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 00:41:59 -0500
To: "'Alistair Garrison'" <alistair.garrison@accessinmind.com>
Cc: <wai-eo-editors@w3.org>, "'Judy Brewer'" <jbrewer@w3.org>

Hi, Alistair

I attempted to update the UK Policy listings per your e-mail
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/wai-eo-editors/2003Feb/0001.html.

I had trouble clarifying what are the official jurisdictions versus what
are additional informational sites. For now, I put all under relevant
documents - as drafted is available at:
http://www.w3.org/WAI/Policy/#UK. (Previous listings are at the end of
this e-mail.)

Perhaps we should discuss what should go where, especially official
jurisdictions? Feel free to ring me directly, or let me know when and
where to contact you.

Thanks much,

~Shawn

here is what was in the listing previously:

Legislation: Disability Discrimination Act of 1995

Jurisdiction: Department of Education and Employment, Ministry of Equal
Opportunities; Disability Rights Commission; Office of the e-Envoy

Relevant Documents:

Guidelines for Government Websites

Additional information:

DISinHE's (Disability Information Systems in Higher Education)
Disability Legislation page
DISinHE's questions/answers on Disability Discrimination Act
DISinHE's Implications for Higher Education Institutions
DISinHE's Disability Legislation and Implications for Higher Education
JISC Senior Management Briefing Paper 15, Disability, Technology and
Legislation: New
Pressures and New Opportunities for Further and Higher Education
Institutions and Staff [formerly at
http://www.jisc.ac.uk/pub01/smbp15.html]
Cabinet Office Press Release on Net Gain for Britain's Public Services