Re: tabbing navigation & Re: Call for review: Evaluating Web Sites for Accessibility

From: Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 08:28:15 -0400
To: "Jonathan Chetwynd" <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Cc: <wai-eo-editors@w3.org>
Jonathan,

We're aware of this issue and have run some experiments with different
browsers to try to isolate the problem, since navigation anomalies does not
seem to be a problem in IE6 only, but to some extent in a few versions of
other browsers as well.

The next stage will be running some experiments with some different
navigation options at the header -- beyond the many nav options that were
initially tested last year for this design.

It is being addressed, and your comments have been acknowledged on other
lists already, but a new design isn't available yet. In the meantime we
needed to get this page out for review. We will insert the new design once
it's available & has been tested.

- Judy