Re: [XP] exclusive checkout source control

Adrian Howard wrote:

> On Friday, August 22, 2003, at 06:00  am, J. B. Rainsberger wrote:
>>Subversion, baby. Subversion. Wave of the future.
>

> I'll second that. Subversion seems very stable now and makes the hard
> things in CVS easy. I've been using it on a box at home and it's
> performed very well. Now I just have to persuade clients to use it :-)
>
> No idea if it can integrate with VS.NET tho'.

Thirded. The single issue I have with it is is a usability one.
Every changed commited logically updates the entire repository and
not just the files involved in the commital. I'm still not sure
whether the modules style of CVS will work there or whether each
project should have its own repository as a result.

Bill de hÓra

ad-free courtesy of objectmentor.com