RE: Minutes:1999.04.28 XML Syntax WG

At 09:49 AM 4/29/99 -0500, Richard D. Brown wrote:
 >I noticed your comments about the absence of the DOCTYPE directive in the
 >C14N form. Though I tend to agree that we may do without DTD defintions, I
 >think that we still need a reference to the DTD. In most circumstances,
this
 >is the main piece of information to establishing the semantics of the
 >document. Unless the root element is explicitly bound to the DTD namespace,
 >this may be a problem.
 >
 >BTW: Do you known when an early draft of C14N will be available?

I hope to have a copy next week. I expect the working group will publish it
shortly there-after. I originally expressed the same question as your own,
but my understanding is that if you want to express semantics, use a
namespace. I don't completely understand the discussion/answers to the
questions I asked, but I think they were they right questions and that is
why I'm looking forward to the WD being published so we can all have a look.

___

I will be in London April 30-May 3. I will not have access to email, but
will respond to your message as soon as possible after my return. I will be
in Toronto May 7-14, but I hope to have access to email during that period.

Joseph Reagle Jr.  http://www.w3.org/People/Reagle/
Policy Analyst     mailto:reagle@w3.org