Re: Single Key in Originator Information

From: Joseph M. Reagle Jr. (W3C) <reagle@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 09:41:22 -0400
To: "Paul Lambert" <plambert@certicom.com>
Cc: w3c-xml-sig-ws@w3.org
At 01:27 PM 4/21/99 -0700, Paul Lambert wrote:
 >So, I propose that:
 > XML digital signatures must carry only a single originator key or
 >certificate.

I had a similar concern when I wrote the example, but I primarily wanted to
show the usefulness of RDF semantics. Regardless, how would you characterize
this type of restriction? We can't place restrictions on a syntax, so this
is an operational requirement on trust applications?
Joseph Reagle Jr.  W3C:     http://www.w3.org/People/Reagle/
Policy Analyst     Personal:  http://web.mit.edu/reagle/www/
                   mailto:reagle@w3.org