Re: How far to Canonicalize... Re: Xpointer Coordination

From: Peter Lipp <Peter.Lipp@iaik.tu-graz.ac.at>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 11:32:52 +0200
To: "Signed-XML Workshop" <w3c-xml-sig-ws@w3.org>
> If we want canonicalization to be stable, it needs to be
> bounded and clear.

Yes!

Initially I did not quite get it why this all is needed. I now can somehow
understand the principle need for canonicalization, but still fear the
rathole we could get in here if we go too far. I really would prefer if only
encoding, spaces etc. would be canonicalized and everything beyond that need
not to. That would make it bounded and clear.

Peter