Re: unparsed entities

From: John Boyer <jboyer@uwi.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 13:34:44 -0700
To: "Dsig group" <w3c-xml-sig-ws@w3.org>
Richard,

OK, so how are you proposing that various applications interoperate if they
can't read one another's specifications for regenerating what got hashed?
Interoperability is implied by XML goals 1, 2 and 4, so it seems we should
push interoperability in a signed XML standard.  If that is reasonable, then
it follows that we need, as part of the spec, to have a way of defining what
gets signed and what doesn't get signed so that all signed-XML-compliant
applications will do the same things.  This would seem to imply the need
both for digital signature filters and for differentiating links that should
be chased versus links that shouldn't.

John Boyer
Software Development Manager
UWI.Com -- The Internet Forms Company