Re: style control and [user interface] media types

On Thu, 18 Sep 1997, Jason White wrote:

> > I think there is considerable interest in rich media
> > descriptions for visual media e.g. resolution, size
> > color capabilities etc. which could be coordinated
> > with work on media descriptors for Braille.

> What specific proposals have been made in this area? Are there
> plans to include the rich media description in the MEDIA attribute
> itself, or in the style sheet alone?

I think the intention is to use the same media description
for both HTML's media attribute and CSS's @media construct.

Note we also need to concerned about ensuring that work
on XML also takes this into account, especially given
the interest in the XSL proposal for style sheets for XML.

Regards,

phone: +44 122 578 2521 (office) +44 385 320 444 (gsm mobile)