RE: Digital Talking Book Meeting - Aug 4th in Boston

Microsoft has been working on a method for synchronized text/images
called SAMI (Synchronized Accessible Media Interchange) due out by the
end of this year. SAMI is used for closed caption and audio description
support in Web and multimedia titles. The specification has been
released to the public. I am not a member of the WAI committee but would
be happy to attend a meeting to demo our new technology. SAMI will be
freely available for anyone to use. Let me know if you are interested in
a demo. I can not make this upcoming meeting but should be available for
future meetings. A working specification (Zip'ed RTF or Word97 file) is
available for anyone who can receive e-mail attachments and is
interested.
David A. Bolnick
Accessibility Program Manager: Multimedia & Telecommunications
Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA  98052
Tel: (425) 936-8342, Fax: 425 936 7329