Subject: WAI Action items
Author:  dd@w3.org
To: w3c-wai-wg@w3.org
Subject: WAI Action items at Internet
Date:    5/30/97 2:44 PM

Hello all

Here's the list of action items from the May 22nd WAI technical
meeting.

Now is the time for the Working Group participants to show their
resource commitment ! (vs. the Interest Group participants).

I'd like to come up with an individual assigment sheet within the next
week or so and I encourage people to discuss details of the work under
each item on the list (before or after signing up their name).

Not being assigned to an item doesn't mean you're out of the WG, of
course, since there are less action items than list participants :-)

I'll list the items and briefly describe the work to be done and ideas
where to start from (we can discuss exact source materials url later -
note that the meeting minutes and the WAI list archives are obvious
sources of information, so I won't mention them below).

Each item has a code name for quick future reference.

Roughly, I'd like to set a dead-line of end of June for this work.

I'd prefer to have only one person's name per item rather than several
but if people are confident too many cooks will not drop the soup,
that's fine with me.

Here we go.

- Cougar

  It's about making a summary what's new in HTML cougar that is of
  interest for accessibility and should be considered in the upcoming
  Markup guidelines work.

  Source materials: Most recent HTML spec

- LongDesc

  One document is the requirement for the dlink (ex dtag)
  functionality (pointer to long descriptions, non-invasive, now,
  etc). Another is a document showing a solution with Dlink and css, a
  solution with Object, etc.

  Source materials: D-tag description at Trace and WGBH.

- ICADD

  Requirement document on HTML (convention or other) for the support
  of ICADD DTD functionality in HTML (missing IPP/BPP)

  Source materials: ICADD site.

- XML

  Requirement document on XML DTD and documents. Reserved name space
  for Accessibility attributes and describe a process by which new XML
  DTDs would have to comply.

  Source materials: XML area page (not sure one needs member access here).

- Phonetic

  Requirement document for Phonetic support in HTML. Another document
  is a report on IPA suitability and what the speech synthesizer
  vendor supports.

- ACSS

  Requirement document about which CSS/ACSS attributes should be part
  of a minimum accessible user profile where the user-agent can take
  precedence over the author setting and still have the UA be CSS
  compliant. Also provide exmaples of ACSS files.

  Source materials: ACSS draft.

- DOM

  Review of DOM spec. See if there are specific Accessibility
  requirement, both on the DOM work and on its usage (guidelines/usage
  kind).

  Source materials: DOM page

- MATH

  Review of Math markup spec. See if there are specific Accessibility
  requirement, both on the MATH work and on its usage (guidelines/usage
  kind).

  Source materials: MATH page (probably the W3C member site)

- HTTP

  We need a requirement document about thing that an end-user would
  want to say to a server in terms of local capacity or
  preferences. We need to map that onto the HTTP1.1 spec and see if
  anything is missing.

  Source materials: HTTP 1.1 specs.

Next week I need to come up with a clear answer on the
issue of non-W3C-member WAI WG participant access to the W3C member
site (access to most recent spec, to WAI member site with action
items, etc) and the visibility of our work and the interest group
list.