Re: Linux screen reader FYI

From: Masafumi NAKANE/中根雅文 <max@wide.ad.jp>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 04:19:30 +0900
To: asgilman@access.digex.net
Cc: w3c-wai-ui@w3.org
Cc: max@wide.ad.jp
Also, there is something called brltty for Linux.

This is a daemon to enable console output of a Linux box to be
monitored using Braille display.

It is available from:
ftp://leb.net/pub/blinux/brltty-1.0.2.tar.gz

I've never used either brltty or screader, but a friend of mine says
brltty is fairly usable.  (I've been using FreeBSD instead, so I don't
think I'll ever have chance to try these out unless I have enough time
to port them to FreeBSD.)

     Cheers,
Max