finishing up SC

From: Jim Allan <jimallan@tsbvi.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 10:40:33 -0600
To: WAI-ua <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
*1.1.7 Allow Resize and Reposition of Time-based Media Alternatives:*

*youtube - captions on top or bottom of video
(http://www.whooshtranscription.com/how-to-set-the-position-of-subtitles-on-youtube/
<http://www.whooshtranscription.com/how-to-set-the-position-of-subtitles-on-youtube/>)*

*vlc player - captions/subtitles
https://wiki.videolan.org/Documentation:Subtitles/
<https://wiki.videolan.org/Documentation:Subtitles/>*

*For 1.6 decided to only test with ChromeVox. as it is an extension and by
our definition it is part of the browser. All other screen readers are
separate applications and are not covered by UAAG. *
*1.6.1 Speech Rate, Volume, and Voice:*

*chromevox - rate, volume, voice*

​​
* 1.6.2 Speech Pitch and Range:*

*chromevox - pitch only.  http://www.chromevox.com/keyboard_shortcuts.html
<http://www.chromevox.com/keyboard_shortcuts.html>*

*1.6.3 Advanced Speech Characteristics: none known* *1.6.4 Synthesized
Speech Features:*
all - only for external screen readers.
chromevox - read character by character, punctuation - on/off, no
exceptions, one way to read numbers,

​
*1.6.5 Synthesized Speech Language:chromevox - yes*​

--
Jim Allan, Accessibility Coordinator
1100 W. 45th St., Austin, Texas 78756