RE: Minutes: User Agent telecon 16 April 2015

Hi all,

On the call, I mentionned a possible hybrid approach to moving UAAG forward in limited time, with limited resources and limited implementation of our more aspirational items:

1. Publish UAAG2 as it is now (and perhaps with a few things that were removed at the last F2F as we began to seriously grapple with implementation-finding) as a Note.

2. Identify a subset of UAAG that has known (and unambiguous) implementation (in at least 2 browsers per success criteria) and proceed with that as a Rec. The Rec version could then point to the Note as advisory.

Pros: At least something goes to Rec, pressure on lagging browsers to at least keep up with the leaders (in each area - as there isn't one set of universal leaders), provides a platform for future work (currently v1.0 is the last thing published)

Cons: Would leave a lot of good ideas out of the Rec. Groups left out of the current state of browsers would continue to be left out.

Cheers,
Jan

(MR) JAN RICHARDS
PROJECT MANAGER
INCLUSIVE DESIGN RESEARCH CENTRE (IDRC)
OCAD UNIVERSITY

T 416 977 6000 x3957
F 416 977 9844
E jrichards@ocadu.ca<mailto:jrichards@ocadu.ca?Subject=Re%3A%20AUWG%20Teleconference%20for%2017%20March%202014%20%28Boston%20time%20has%20changed%20-%20%20please%20re-check%20time%29&In-Reply-To=%3C0B1EB1C972BCB740B522ACBCD5F48DEB012E4B50AC%40ocadmail-maildb.ocad.ca%3E&References=%3C0B1EB1C972BCB740B522ACBCD5F48DEB012E4B50AC%40ocadmail-maildb.ocad.ca%3E>