Re: new sc

From: Jim Allan <jimallan@tsbvi.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 13:52:10 -0500
To: WAI-ua <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
Some/most browsers are rendering form controls (outlines of checkboxes,
radio buttons, text input controls) that do not meet 4.5:1 contrast (IE ok,
FF & Chrome Fail). Attribute rendering, such as @placeholder, does not meet
4.5:1 contrast ratio (IE and FF pass, Chrome fail). Nor do they respect the
user selected default UA font. Default selection on the Mac does not meet
the 4.5:1 contrast.

perhaps add as a note to 1.4.1 that "The default rendering by the user
agent of controls and text content (i.e. form controls, selection, links,
@placeholder or any other attributes that render human readable content)
without author or user style sheet, have a minimum contrast of 4.5:1 as per
requirements of WCAG20"