Re: UAAG examples suggested changes

Sending this to UAWG so it can be archived.

These are the changes Kim recommended in response to the EO18 comment on
missing disabilities in the examples.  I made a change to Kim's proposal
in 1.8.2 in-line below.

On 9/3/2014 10:11 PM, Kim Patch wrote:
> Hi Jeanne,
>
> I went through all the UAAG examples and made suggested changes for
> those missing disabilities, and also caught some other corrections.
>
> Suggested changes follow.
>
> Cheers,
> Kim
>

> 1.2.2 example one missing disability
>
> Original:
>
> Frank uses speech input...
>
> Suggested Change:
>
> Frank has severe arthritis and uses speech input...
>

> 1.3.1 example two missing disability
>
> Original:
>
> Jerry goes to a website...
>
> Suggested Change:
>
> Jerry has low vision. He goes to a website...
>

> 1.5.1 example one and two wrong style, users missing
> Original:
>
> An operating system provides a master audio volume control that applies
> to all audio tracks rendered within the environment, including the user
> agent. The user may define a default volume level through a preferences
> dialog that is retained across sessions.
>
> Suggested Change:
>
> Magdalene is very sensitive to loud noises. She uses preference settings
> to adjust the master audio volume control of her computer operating
> system that applies to all audio tracks rendered within the environment,
> including the user agent. This volume control ssetting is retained even
> after Magdalene shuts down her browser and turns off her computer.
>

> Original:
>
> A user encounters a page with two advertisements and one video which
> begins playback on page load complete. A global mute command, supported
> via a mute key on the user's keyboard, allows the user to immediately
> silence the playing audio tracks.
> Suggested Change:
>
> Alisha is easily distracted by audio that she does not expect. She
> encounters a webpage with two advertisements and a video that begin
> playback when the page loads. She immediately silences the playing audio
> tracks by clicking a mute key on her keyboard that invokes a global mute
> command.
>

> 1.6.4 example two missing disability
>
> Original:
>
> Penny's speech synthesizer is
>
> Suggested Change:
>
> Penny has a reading disability. Her speech synthesizer is...
>

> 1.7.1, 1.7.2, and 1.7.3 example two missing disability and name change
>
> Original:
>
> Tanya has changed a website
>
> Suggested Change:
>
> Kendra has low vision. She has changed a website
>
> (Suggest changing the name because we have lots of examples with Tanya)
>

> 1.8.2 example three missing disability
>
> Original:
>
> Lee typically views web content on her mobile phone
>
> Suggested Change:
>
> Lee is aging and her close-up vision is getting worse. Lee typically
> views...

I also changed the name to Taja and adjusted the syntax of the example
to improve the clarity of the user agent role.
"...frequently positioning" to "which frequently positions"
"... the viewport..." to "the user agent viewport" (it's informative so
we don't have to consistently use "user agent viewport" throughout the
doc,  but it improves the clarity in this one example
[mobile] Taja typically views web content on her mobile phone at a high
level of zoom. This can frequently position elements outside the
viewport, requiring scrolling. When moving between focusable elements,
the user agent viewport automatically scrolls to the element currently
in focus.

> 1.8.5 example two missing disability and name change
>
> Original:
>
> When Tanya views a website on her mobile phone...
>
> Suggested Change:
>
> Alexander has low vision. When she views a website...
>
> (Suggest changing the name because we have lots of examples with Tanya)

Alexandra (so I didn't have to track down all the gender pronouns.)

--
Jeanne Spellman