W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-ua@w3.org > October to December 2013

minutes: UAWG telecon 7 Nov 2013

From: Jim Allan <jimallan@tsbvi.edu>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 13:00:28 -0600
Message-ID: <CA+=z1WmiyByNxC1Mem7C-QUHOAHau26DUROUpX2gOsAQwdmLuA@mail.gmail.com>
To: WAI-ua <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
from: http://www.w3.org/2013/11/07-ua-minutes.html

- DRAFT -

User Agent Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference

07 Nov 2013

See also: IRC log http://www.w3.org/2013/11/07-ua-irc

Attendees

Present Jim, Kelly, Kim, Jan, Jeanne
Regrets greg, eric
Chair: jimAllan, KellyFord
Scribe: allanj

Contents

Topics

2.2.1 resources
finish survey
Question 4, 1.4.2 IER
question 5 1.4.3 IER
question 6 1.4.4 IER
testing & implementations

Summary of Action Items

________________________________

<trackbot> Date: 07 November 2013

rrsagent make minutes

https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/36791/20131016/

<Jan1> Meeting: WAI UA

2.2.1 resources

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2013OctDec/0032.html

<Jan1> http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-IMPLEMENTING-ATAG20-20130910/#sc_a313-r

<scribe> scribe: allanj

<jeanne> ACTION: jeanne to add resources from ATAG to UAAG 2.2.1. See:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-IMPLEMENTING-ATAG20-20130910/#sc_a313-r
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/11/07-ua-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-913 - Add resources from atag to uaag 2.2.1.
see: http://www.w3.org/tr/2013/wd-implementing-atag20-20130910/#sc_a313-r
[on Jeanne F Spellman - due 2013-11-14].

announcement: Initial meeting for Mobile Accessibility Taskforce 9am
Tuesday 19 Nov

<jeanne> http://mobicase.org/2013/show/program-preliminary

finish survey

The Proceedings of the 2013 ACM conference are available for free
download for another 2 weeks. Some interesting stuff.

http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=2513383&picked=prox&cfid=376157200&cftoken=68773827

https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/36791/20131016/results#xq5

topic Question 4, 1.4.2 IER

Question 4, 1.4.2 IER

<jeanne> ACTION: jeanne to add GL comments from survey of 17 Oct #4
editorial comments on 1.4.2 Intent [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2013/11/07-ua-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-914 - Add gl comments from survey of 17 oct
#4 editorial comments on 1.4.2 intent [on Jeanne F Spellman - due
2013-11-14].

jr: This (surrounded with the number of equals signs (=) that matches
of heading level) isn't in the SC requirements.

remove "r and surrounded with the number of equals signs (=) that
matches of heading level" from Tomas example.

final sentence would read "He uses a user stylesheet to make the
different levels of headings a different color."

Tomas example

<jeanne> ACTION: Jeanne to update 1.4.2-e to say "He uses a user
stylesheet to make the different levels of headings a different
color." [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2013/11/07-ua-minutes.html#action03]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-915 - Update 1.4.2-e to say "he uses a user
stylesheet to make the different levels of headings a different
color." [on Jeanne F Spellman - due 2013-11-14].

question 5 1.4.3 IER

https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/36791/20131016/results#xq6

question 6 1.4.4 IER

<jeanne> ACTION: jeanne to update 1.4.3 with editorial comments from
Greg and Jan from survey of 17 October [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2013/11/07-ua-minutes.html#action04]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-916 - Update 1.4.3 with editorial comments
from greg and jan from survey of 17 october [on Jeanne F Spellman -
due 2013-11-14].

https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/36791/20131016/results#xq7

1.4.4 is OK!

testing & implementations

GL created spreadsheet for tracking implementations and tests

http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/work/wiki/Extensions_needed_for_Implementation_Examples
this page has other implementation that also need to be added to the
spreadsheet. The reference SC may have changed number.

http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/work/wiki/Browser_Compliance_Notes has two
items near the top that need to be placed in the spreadsheet. the rest
of the document is devoid of useful information.

http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/work/wiki/User_Agent_issues_effecting_A11y
some useful information, will take some time to tease out what is
useful and where it goes. Implementation resources mentioned.

In China walk through document. find implementations. explain each SC,
find extensions, or settings for browsers

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: jeanne to add GL comments from survey of 17 Oct #4
editorial comments on 1.4.2 Intent [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2013/11/07-ua-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: jeanne to add resources from ATAG to UAAG 2.2.1. See:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-IMPLEMENTING-ATAG20-20130910/#sc_a313-r
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/11/07-ua-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: Jeanne to update 1.4.2-e to say "He uses a user
stylesheet to make the different levels of headings a different
color." [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2013/11/07-ua-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: jeanne to update 1.4.3 with editorial comments from Greg
and Jan from survey of 17 October [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2013/11/07-ua-minutes.html#action04]

[End of minutes]
________________________________
Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-11-07 18:57:54 $

-- 
Jim Allan, Accessibility Coordinator & Webmaster
Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired
1100 W. 45th St., Austin, Texas 78756
voice 512.206.9315    fax: 512.206.9264  http://www.tsbvi.edu/
"We shape our tools and thereafter our tools shape us." McLuhan, 1964
Received on Thursday, 7 November 2013 19:00:55 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 7 January 2015 14:49:45 UTC