W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-ua@w3.org > October to December 2012

minutes: UAWG 9 Sept 2012

From: Jim Allan <jimallan@tsbvi.edu>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 13:51:36 -0500
Message-ID: <CA+=z1W=JzqXHS30zq=VxscgjrHGCDfeKM-NUpZbRYiwnSw_4Gw@mail.gmail.com>
To: WAI-ua <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
minutes created by hand from the IRC log of ua on 2012-09-20
Timestamps are in UTC.
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/09/20-ua-irc

Meeting: User Agent Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference

Agenda+ Levels Discussion
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiiGLIaAlHSKdHNrcGNacUp2MHdXQW9sUmpBQ21Lenc#gid=0
Agenda+ Finish off 2.8
I have made the request to generate
http://www.w3.org/2012/09/20-ua-minutes.html kford

Regrets: Greg, Simon
16:56:40
WAI_UAWG()1:00PM has now started
 [kford]
Agenda+ 3.2.4 and 3.2.5
[jeanne]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2012JulSep/0067.html
JAN: This all seems good to me.
[kford]
Group is in agreement.
[kford]
zakim, close item 3
agendum 3, 3.2.4 and 3.2.5, closed
I see 2 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
1. Levels Discussion
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiiGLIaAlHSKdHNrcGNacUp2MHdXQW9sUmpBQ21Lenc#gid=0
[from kford]
[jeanne]
resolved: add IER for 3.2.4 and 3.2.5
[kford]
zakim, take up item 1

agendum 1. "Levels Discussion
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiiGLIaAlHSKdHNrcGNacUp2MHdXQW9sUmpBQ21Lenc#gid=0"
taken up [from kford]
[kford]
Group starting to review le3vels again. Starting at 1.8.3.
[kford]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2012/ED-UAAG20-20120920/
 [kford]
group agrees on level a for 1.8.3
 [kford]
Group agrees on level a for 1.8.3.
1.8.4 agreement on level A.
If people don't do this is this really an A?

Kim: For people with hand problems, orientation is really important.
1.8.5 agreed to be level A.
JAN: Going back to 1.8.3 could that be a AA because sub-viewpoerts
might not be able to comply if the environment only gives a limited
amount of space.
[jeanne]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-fullscreen-20120703/
JAN: The SC is acceptable, it is in the intent. I can take an action.
 [Jan]
"up to the limits of the operating environment (i.e., the operating
system and/or higher level user agent)" to replace "up to the limits
of the physical display screen"
Group agreement on 1.8.6 is level A.
1.8.7, agreement on staying at level A.
kford: Given the complexity I think this needs to go down to AA. I
don't want to fail for someone not doing part of this.
group in agreement with some hesitation.
1.8.8 moves to AA.
JAN: This isn't a show stopper. I say move to AA.
1.8.9 moves to AA.
1.8.10 stays at AA.
1.8.11 stays at AA.
KFord: I think 1.8.12 needs to be AAA.
Kim: I see this as a work around for headings and there are a lot of
documents where this will help.
KP: this will help a number of different disabilities

KF: No one does this.

... how to handle dynamic pages. What you mark may be not there or
totally different so you always have to look through the DOM.

... it could have some serious performance impact to the page.

JAN: I can agree that the persistence part can be hard.

JS: would this require changing the DOM?

KF: no, there are a number of ways to do it, it could be the URL, or
some kind of datastore.

Jan: I think some of the technical details of this make it tricky
enough to be AAA.

KP: Is this one of the things that would be done if people were
motivated? The George example is very important.

KF: I think the people that want to build this will, regardless of
whether it is AA or AAA.

KP: So you think it is technically difficult enough that it is not in
our best interests to make it AA?

KF: The edge cases -- especially dynamic content -- are difficult
enough to justify AAA.

KP: We should identify this as a feature that needs to be solved.

1.8.12: Group agrees 1.8.12 goes to AAA.

JS: We should send this to R&D as they maintain a list of ideas for
grad students wanting work

1.8.13 stays at AA.

action: jeanne to forward a request to RDWG that they suggest that
students looking for projects build an extention that allows people to
put navigation marks in a page - 1.8.12

Created ACTION-759 - Forward a request to RDWG that they suggest that
students looking for projects build an extention that allows people to
put navigation marks in a page - 1.8.12 [on Jeanne F Spellman - due
2012-09-27].

1.9.1 stays at AA.

Group talking about 1.9.1. Does PDF have to do this?

JAN: I also don't think most peope are going to use this.

Change, 1.9.1 moves to AAA.

1.9.2 stays at AA.

KFord: I have concerns about this. It isn't well defined. Very complex
to define what relationships are really meant here.

More discussion. JAN thought in page links were not covered, Jim did
think they were.

1.10.1 moves to AA.

1.10.2 Moves to AAA.

2.1.1 stays at A.

JR: Android always has keyboard focus, windows always has it. iOS has
it when Voiceover is turned on.

A little discussion around how 2.1.2 works today.

2.1.2 stays at level A.

2.1.3 stays at A.

action: Jeanne to research whether the behavior of radio buttons
staying selected is defined in HTML.

Created ACTION-760 - Research whether the behavior of radio buttons
staying selected is defined in HTML. [on Jeanne F Spellman - due
2012-09-27].

2.1.4 stays at A.

2.1.5 stays at A.

\2.1.6 stays at A.

2.2.1 stays at A.

2.2.2 stays at A.

2.2.3 stays at A.

Group talking about what term we mean here, document or source order.

Action: JA to clarify wording in 2.2.3

Created ACTION-761 - Clarify wording in 2.2.3 [on Jim Allan - due 2012-09-27].

2.2.4 stays at AA.

action: jim to review 2.2.3 for language, do we mean tab, source, or
document order?

Created ACTION-762 - Review 2.2.3 for language, do we mean tab,
source, or document order? [on Jim Allan - due 2012-09-27].

close action 761

close action-761

ACTION-761 Clarify wording in 2.2.3 closed

 [jeanne]
http://www.w3.org/community/mobileacc/
19:04:11
WAI_UAWG()1:00PM has ended
19:04:11
Attendees were [Microsoft], Jeanne, Jan, Kim_Patch, Jim_Allan



-- 
Jim Allan, Accessibility Coordinator & Webmaster
Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired
1100 W. 45th St., Austin, Texas 78756
voice 512.206.9315    fax: 512.206.9264  http://www.tsbvi.edu/
"We shape our tools and thereafter our tools shape us." McLuhan, 1964
Received on Thursday, 4 October 2012 18:52:05 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 4 October 2012 18:52:05 GMT