proposal for action-649 and action-651

From: Jim Allan <jimallan@tsbvi.edu>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 10:18:24 -0500
To: WAI-ua <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
close items related to 4.1.2 Name, Role, State, Value, Description:
leave SC and Intent as is because:
--if we genericize terms no one will know what we are talking about.
--we have added the descriptions of Name, Role, State, etc. in the
Intent, so the terms could be used with other technologies...
Name (component name)
Role (purpose, such as alert, button, checkbox, etc)
State (current status, such as busy, disabled, hidden, etc)
Value (information associated with the component such as, the data in
a text box, the position number of a slider, the date in a calendar
widget)
Description (user instructions about the component).

remove example 1 "A browser is developing a component..." it is
incomplete and need lots more work. Jeanne says it lame.

Jim
1100 W. 45th St., Austin, Texas 78756