Re: Feasibiity as a factor for Level Selection

From: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 10:32:43 +0100
To: "WAI-UA list" <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>, "Wayne Dick" <wayneedick@gmail.com>, wed@csulb.edu
On Fri, 27 Jan 2012 02:40:14 +0100, Wayne Dick <wayneedick@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I wrote this to help us narrow feasibility to a reasonable range, so
> we could use it in choosing Level A through AAA.  We don't want to let
> developer's off reasonable tasks, but we can't require excessive
> development.
>
> http://www.csulb.edu/~wed/Feasibility.html

And I think this strikes the right point. Asking for some undefined
heuristics to be applied is the sort of thing that pushes a requirement to
triple A, because it doesn't necessarily have a really useful result.
Asking for implementation of some clear algorithmic process is far more
likely to be a level A thing, or at least a necessary condition for making
a requirement at that level.

cheers

Chaals

     je parle français -- hablo español -- jeg kan litt norsk