For UAWG Action 690

Two proposals re: Zoom:

1.8.X: Zoom: The user can rescale content within graphical viewports such that (Level A):
(a) Lower rescale bound: The lower rescale bound is at least 10% or at least one dimension of the content can fit into the viewport without scrollbars. For text content, the language's text directionality will determine the dimension (e.g., horizontally oriented text should be rescaled such that horizontal scrollbars are not required).
(b) Upper rescale bound: At least 1000%.

1.8.Y: Reflowing Zoom: The user can request that when content within a graphical viewport is rescaled, reflowable content is reflowed such that one dimension of the content can fit into the viewport without scrollbars (e.g., horizontally oriented text should be rescaled such that horizontal scrollbars are not required). (Level AA)
Note: Limits to reflow include multi-media objects, words without spaces, and where the author prohibits wrapping.

--
(Mr) Jan Richards, M.Sc.
jrichards@ocadu.ca | 416-977-6000 ext. 3957 | fax: 416-977-9844