User Agent / Mobile / App

From: Simon Harper <simon.harper@manchester.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 08:50:59 +0000
To: UAWG list <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
Hi Everyone,
So as discussed last night - here are the threads to the discussion 2
years ago (2 YEARS - has it been that long!). Anyhow, I'm sure there has
been some discussion after this.

You'll notice that I give conditions which must be fulfilled for the
software to be classed as a user agent and therefore must conform to the
guidelines. We also discussed if some agents needed to conform to
subsets of the guidelines -- which we dropped. Seems like it is time to
revive this using conditions to classify the type of UA and then a spec
of the set of guidelines required for conformance...

PS I check my email at 08:00 and 17:00 GMT. If you require a faster response please include the word 'fast' in the subject line.

Simon Harper

University of Manchester (UK)
Web Ergonomics Lab - Information Management Group