Re: Action-517 and Action-513 Configure Toolbars

From: Jim Allan <jimallan@tsbvi.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 10:07:25 -0600
To: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Cc: WAI-ua <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
On Nov 11, 2011 1:55 AM, "Charles McCathieNevile" <chaals@opera.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 18:40:45 +0100, Jim Allan <jimallan@tsbvi.edu> wrote:
>
>> Action-517  Action-513
>> These were related so I combined them creating a new SC.
>>
>> Configure Toolbars:: When graphical user agent user interface have
toolbars or similar containers the user can add, remove, and reorder items
within
>> each toolbar.
>

> All available UI items?

Hmm, I was only thinking of add on toolbars. I have seen some software that
allows you to move/add/remove menus and items.  Need to check with group
for more info.

>> Also, the user can install, uninstall, show, hide, and
>> reorder toolbars.
>

> install/uninstall and show/hide seem to represent the same behaviour in
many cases. Is enabling one or the other sufficient?

I need the ability to install an extension toolbar, then the ability to
show or hide them...and id I don't like them to uninstall.  To me install
is putting the software on the machine. Show/hide determines if it appears
in the UI.

> Is it critical to be able to reorder toolbars, given the ability to move
things from one to another?

I think this could be a lower level SC.  In my experience if I want to have
the tool bars in a certain order, I must uninstall tem and install them in
the order I would tike them to appear.
Seems, if x is insatalled be for y and I have y showing and x off, when I
show x it will appear above y in the UI

Uninstalling seems a lot to go through to get toolbars in a meaningful
order.  Ideally, the bars would be in the order I show them...top to
bottom, not the install order.

Cheers