Re: Action-312 1.8.x Scale Viewport contents:

From: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 08:55:12 +0100
To: WAI-ua <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>, "Jim Allan" <jimallan@tsbvi.edu>
On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 18:42:13 +0100, Jim Allan <jimallan@tsbvi.edu> wrote:

> Action-312
> Proposed new SC
> 1.8.x Scale Viewport contents: The user can scale (change the size of
> content) and images within a viewport.
> Note: this applies to all content within the viewport, including nested
> viewports. It is not the intent that nested viewports can have their
> contents scaled independently of the top-level viewport.

I think you need to give minimum bounds / granularity. e.g.

...within a viewport to at least one value in each of the following ranges:

50% or less

(Actually we should have a good reason for picking the ranges, which
should ideally be consistent with the WCAG requirements although there
might be sound reasons to go beyond what they require).

     je parle français -- hablo español -- jeg kan litt norsk