ATAG last call comments

From: Jim Allan <jimallan@tsbvi.edu>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 10:10:54 -0500
To: WAI-ua <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
1.
A.2.1.1 Recognized Alternative Content: If recognized alternative
content is available for editing
view content renderings, then the alternative content is provided to
authors.  (and other SCs)

this and other success criteria were at times very hard to understand
(for me it depended on the line breaks). suggest changing 'editing
view' to 'editing-view'. it may help the reader understand the content
rendering and alternative content are in the editing-view.

2.
A.3.7.2 Preview: If a preview is provided, then at least one of the
following is true: (Level A) [Implementing A.3.7.2]
(a) Third-Party User Agent: The preview makes use of an existing
third-party user agent; or

the goal of A.3.7 is to ensure the preview is accessible. if A.3.7.2.a
is true, there is no guarantee that the 3rd party user agent is
accessible. A.3.7.2.a only says there is a preview, A.3.7.2.b the
preview must be accessible according to UAAG. the way A.3.7.2 is
written having a preview and the preview being accessible could be
mutually exclusive.
Suggest changing
(a) Third-Party User Agent: The preview makes use of an existing
third-party user agent; or
to be
(a) Third-Party User Agent: The preview makes use of an existing
third-party accessible user agent;

1100 W. 45th St., Austin, Texas 78756

voice 512.206.9315    fax: 512.206.9264  http://www.tsbvi.edu/