W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-ua@w3.org > July to September 2010

Minutes: User Agent Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference -- 08 Jul 2010

From: Kelly Ford <Kelly.Ford@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 18:32:10 +0000
To: "w3c-wai-ua@w3.org" <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
Message-ID: <FDD93DBB2C16D643AABC1A7111D149F313E500FA@TK5EX14MBXW603.wingroup.windeploy.ntdev.microsoft.com>
http://www.w3.org/2010/07/08-ua-minutes.html





[W3C]<http://www.w3.org/>

- DRAFT -
User Agent Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference
08 Jul 2010

See also: IRC log<http://www.w3.org/2010/07/08-ua-irc>

Attendees
Present
Kelly, Simon, Jeanne, Jim, Greg, Kim
Regrets
mhakkinen
Chair
JimAllan_KellyFord
Scribe
kford
Contents

  *   Topics<http://www.w3.org/2010/07/08-ua-minutes.html#agenda>
     *   Evaluate ATAG LC draft from UAAG<http://www.w3.org/2010/07/08-ua-minutes.html#item01>
     *   review Promoting most recent working draft and getting to last call (we need comments)<http://www.w3.org/2010/07/08-ua-minutes.html#item02>
     *   Tracking UAAG implementations - Google Group (Kim) Action item<http://www.w3.org/2010/07/08-ua-minutes.html#item03>
     *   Update HTML-A11Y Media Subgroup<http://www.w3.org/2010/07/08-ua-minutes.html#item04>
  *   Summary of Action Items<http://www.w3.org/2010/07/08-ua-minutes.html#ActionSummary>

________________________________

<trackbot> Date: 08 July 2010

<AllanJ> regrets for Jeanne for next week

<AllanJ> partial regrets for Jeanne, need to leave before 2

<AllanJ> http://www.regulations.gov/search/Regs/home.html#docketDetail?R=ATBCB-2010-0001

<scribe> Scribe: kford
Evaluate ATAG LC draft from UAAG

JS: Expresses much joy that authoring tool accessibility guidelines goes to last call.
... ATAG needs UAAG to review. Comments are due Sept. 2.

<jeanne> http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/WD-ATAG20-20100708/

JS: Like UAAG, our implementing doc is likely easier to read, that is ATAG.

JA: Do we want to do this as a group or individually?
... We will put this on a future agenda and come back with a comment as UAAG.

<AllanJ> implementing ATAG http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/WD-IMPLEMENTING-ATAG20-20100708/

JS: One thing I learned from ATAG is how problematic it is to let comments linger until last call.
review Promoting most recent working draft and getting to last call (we need comments)

JS: Make the effort now to get comments on UAAG.
... Working on form to send to list that people can use to get feedback.

Group discusses strategy for getting feedback comments.

<AllanJ> c

<AllanJ> ChromeVis: https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/halnfobaneppemjnonmmhngbfifnafgd
Tracking UAAG implementations - Google Group (Kim) Action item

<AllanJ> all: discussion of implementation tracking spreadsheet.

group looking at doc for tracking UAAG.

<AllanJ> ... added a comment field. need to include comments to expand on how an item was met, test used, sample page, any other tools used (screen reader, extension, etc.)

<jeanne> http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/36791/UAWG20100707/

Group continues to look at shared doc. Looking like we will stick with this version for working within group for now.

As you are able start updating browser details.
Update HTML-A11Y Media Subgroup

JA: HTML accessibility task force media subgroup working on requirements for audio and video accessibility.

<AllanJ> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Media_Accessibility_Requirements

<AllanJ> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2010JulSep/0003.html

JA: Group has been making progress and reaching the point where they want some clarifications on items.
... Gave example of cc button showing up when a media track has cc available.

GL: A user might say in preference settings that they want doc to reflow to handle changes by automatic content or alternative such as image replacement with alt text.

<Greg> An example of user control over how overflow is handled would be that the user can set a preference setting saying they want documents to reflow to accomodate elements growing or shrinking in response to automatically generated content (like link numbering) or the substitution of alternative content (such as alt or longdesc).

<Greg> Then, the user may encounter a particular element (e.g. an image) where the substitution makes the page unusuble, so they could right-click on it and choose to have that element not grow, but instead have scroll bars, thus preventing the rest of the page from being effected.

KP: When we talked about this earlier we talked about an option where there might be some drop down option instead of scroll bars.

GL: This was just one example. There are likely at lest five ways of handling overflow content.

JA: I am preparing another set of clarification questions.
... Would be great if people could look at the requirements doc once and see what they think.

Summary of Action Items
[End of minutes]





image001.png
(image/png attachment: image001.png)

Received on Thursday, 8 July 2010 18:32:51 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 8 July 2010 18:32:51 GMT