W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-ua@w3.org > July to September 2010

Minutes of UAWG teleconference of 1 July

From: Jeanne Spellman <jeanne@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 14:40:04 -0400
Message-ID: <4C2CE104.8000800@w3.org>
To: UAWG <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
Minutes:
http://www.w3.org/2010/07/01-ua-minutes

IRC Log:
http://www.w3.org/2010/07/01-ua-irc

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: JS to reorganize the HTML to make the subheadings <h>
    headings. [recorded in
    [12]http://www.w3.org/2010/07/01-ua-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: Patch to go through document and make sure that
    instances of focus, highlight and select match the new definitions
    [recorded in
    [13]http://www.w3.org/2010/07/01-ua-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: sharper to rework current 1.1 and 1.2 just moved to
    1.3 and 1.4 [recorded in
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2010/07/01-ua-minutes.html#action03]


Text of Minutes:

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

    User Agent Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference

01 Jul 2010

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2010/07/01-ua-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Jeanne, Kelly, Simon, Kim, Mark

    Regrets
           Jim, Greg

    Chair
           Jim_Allan_Kelly_Ford

    Scribe
           jeanne

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Tracking UAAG implementations
          2. [5]Action item review
          3. [6]Promoting most recent working draft and getting to last
             call
          4. [7]Work on techniques for Principle 1: Comply with
             applicable specifications and conventions
      * [8]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

    <trackbot> Date: 01 July 2010

    <kford> We still need skype, correct?

    correct

    <kford> Phoning in now and then adding Simon.

    <scribe> scribe: jeanne

Tracking UAAG implementations

    <scribe> Chair: kelly

    KF: Send me an ID so I can get you set up with Windows Live ID file
    sharing.

    <kford> Please send windows live IDs to Kelly's work e-mail address.
    We will add these to sharing for the tracking document.

    <kford> /me, Mark are you just on IRC?

Action item review

    <mhakkinen> i'm joining on the phone in a minute

    <mhakkinen> trying to find a quiet spot

    action-173 close

    close action-173

    <trackbot> ACTION-173 Clean up focus definition. closed

    <scribe> ACTION: Patch to go through document and make sure that
    instances of focus, highlight and select match the new definitions
    [recorded in
    [9]http://www.w3.org/2010/07/01-ua-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-411 - Go through document and make sure
    that instances of focus, highlight and select match the new
    definitions [on Kimberly Patch - due 2010-07-08].

    close action-188

    <trackbot> ACTION-188 Review UAAG 2.0 to find missing glossary
    definitions closed

    close action-226

    <trackbot> ACTION-226 Square HTML5 with 4.9. closed

    KP: Did we ever finish following up on all the HTML5 issues that we
    wanted to include in UAAG? If jeanne sends me the document, I will
    look and see if we covered them

Promoting most recent working draft and getting to last call

    Dates changed to August 12 on actions 290 and 303

    [13:36] <jeanne> zakim, take up next item

    [13:36] <jeanne> public-uaag2-comments@w3.org

Work on techniques for Principle 1: Comply with applicable
specifications and conventions

    public-uaag2-comments@w3.org

    KF: I don't like the start of Principle 1. It is repetitious and
    confusing. I propose:
    ... Make 1.3 -> 1.1
    ... 1.4 -> 1.2
    ... Old 1.1 -> 1.3
    ... old 1.2 -> 1.4
    ... In the subheadings - 1.1.1 - change to HTML headings.

    JS: Yes.

    <scribe> ACTION: JS to reorganize the HTML to make the subheadings
    <h> headings. [recorded in
    [10]http://www.w3.org/2010/07/01-ua-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-412 - Reorganize the HTML to make the
    subheadings <h> headings. [on Jeanne Spellman - due 2010-07-08].

    KF: Can we reorganize it so that we separate the web based vs. non
    web based.

    <sharper> ACTION: sharper to rework current 1.1 and 1.2 just moved
    to 1.3 and 1.4 [recorded in
    [11]http://www.w3.org/2010/07/01-ua-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-413 - Rework current 1.1 and 1.2 just
    moved to 1.3 and 1.4 [on Simon Harper - due 2010-07-08].

    JS: for example, a browser is web based, and an embedded video
    player is non web based.

    # authoring tool user interface (non-web-based): Any parts of an
    authoring tool user interface that are not implemented as web
    content and instead run directly on a platform that is not a user
    agent, such as Windows, Mac OS, Java Virtual Machine, etc.

    # authoring tool user interface (web-based): Any parts of an
    authoring tool user interface that are implemented using web content
    technologies and are accessed by authors via a user agent.

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: JS to reorganize the HTML to make the subheadings <h>
    headings. [recorded in
    [12]http://www.w3.org/2010/07/01-ua-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: Patch to go through document and make sure that
    instances of focus, highlight and select match the new definitions
    [recorded in
    [13]http://www.w3.org/2010/07/01-ua-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: sharper to rework current 1.1 and 1.2 just moved to
    1.3 and 1.4 [recorded in
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2010/07/01-ua-minutes.html#action03]

    [End of minutes]
Received on Thursday, 1 July 2010 18:40:31 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 1 July 2010 18:40:32 GMT