W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-ua@w3.org > January to March 2010

Minutes of the Teleconference of 14 January

From: Jeanne Spellman <jeanne@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 14:37:24 -0500
Message-ID: <4B4F7274.7030203@w3.org>
To: User Agent Working Group <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
Minutes:
http://www.w3.org/2010/01/14-ua-minutes.html

IRL Log:


Text of Minutes:

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

    User Agent Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference

14 Jan 2010

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2010/01/14-ua-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Simon, Kelly, Jeanne, Greg, Henni, Kim

    Regrets
           Jim, Mark, Jan

    Chair
           Jim_allan, Kelly_Ford

    Scribe
           Greg

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Review Action Items -
             http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/tracker/actions/open
          2. [5]Editor's draft and publication prep – What changes have
             we made? What areas do we want feedback on? Group comes up
             with details and Jeanne will write.
          3. [6]F2F - 2/24-26
          4. [7]Strategize for candidate recommendation i.e. what
             browsers will implament our success criteria
      * [8]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________



    <trackbot> Date: 14 January 2010

    Jeanne will later today post the hotel for the Face to Face.

Review Action Items - [9]http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/tracker/actions/open

       [9] http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/tracker/actions/open

    Generally updating past due dates to February.

    Jeanne will ping Jim re ACTION-39.

    Kelly will ping Mark re ACTION-41.

    Jeanne will discuss ACTION-47 with Mark, and we'll take up again
    next week.

    close ACTION-53

    <trackbot> ACTION-53 Contact the i18n (Keiko) and PF to see if there
    are specific needs we to specify for Issue-22 closed

    Jeanne reports that ACTION-53 was actually done.

    Simon will take over ACTION-162 which Jeanne started.

    Kim will email Greg and Mark re ACTION-173 and how it relates to
    ACTION-150, both dealing with focus.

    <jeanne>
    [10]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-uaag2-comments/2009Ap
    r/0000.html

      [10] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-uaag2-comments/2009Apr/0000.html

    <jeanne> #55. (Re 4.1.10 **) Clarify difference between 4.1.10 vs.
    4.1.11: 4.1.10

    <jeanne> and 4.1.11 seem to overlap and the difference between them
    is unclear.

    <jeanne> Were the two supposed to be combined? First, 4.1.9 applies
    to UI only,

    <jeanne> whereas 4.1.10 applies to both UI and rendered content
    (e.g.

    <jeanne> accesskey=). Second, 4.1.9 requires the user be able to
    assign new

    <jeanne> shortcut keys, whereas 4.1.10 does not. (At least not
    explicitly; see my

    <jeanne> other comment on the need to define "override" in these
    contexts.)

    <jeanne> (Priority: 1 High) (Type: Clarify)

    Greg will ping Mark re ACTION-183 (Greg's #55).

    Simon, re ACTION-211, see transcript at
    [11]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2009JulSep/0018.h
    tml

      [11] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2009JulSep/0018.html

    Simon will take over ACTION-211 from Greg.

    Kelly will ping Mark re ACTION-226 and ACTION-227.

    Kelly will clarify ownership of action items re Guideline 4.9
    (Provide control of content that may reduce accessibility), as Simon
    noted many different people own items in that section.

    Jeanne reports ACTION-243 is not applicable to our needs.

    close ACTION-243

    <trackbot> ACTION-243 Follow up on the spec tool demonstrated at
    TPAC lightning talks by November 12 closed

    ACTION-250 re creating educational video is more appropriate for
    Education & Outreach working group.

    close ACTION-250

    <trackbot> ACTION-250 Make agenda item for creating UAAG video
    closed

    Re ACTION-258, Jim sent email to the list with our proposal, so it
    will be handled in next survey.

Editor's draft and publication prep – What changes have we made? What
areas do we want feedback on? Group comes up with details and Jeanne
will write.

    Jeanne asks everyone to review latest Editor's Draft for the
    portions they discussed, to make sure what they expected is there.

    Jeanne notes we need a status section for next published draft,
    which would summarize what changed and call for specific feedback we
    desire from specific audiences.

    Jeanne will also use high-level information from the change section
    to create press announcements.

    <jeanne> [12]http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/tracker/actions/closed

      [12] http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/tracker/actions/closed

    Kelly asks everyone to take some time to try identifying major
    changes during the last six months.

    <jeanne> And changes we made that we want feedback on.

    Simon notes useful to review action items closed in the last six
    months, but not all of them were implemented in that period. Action
    item closed date isn’t available on the W3 Web site, so one might
    have to search transcripts for trackbot saying “attempting to close
    ACTION-”.

F2F - 2/24-26

    <jeanne> ACTION: JS to post information for F2f [recorded in
    [13]http://www.w3.org/2010/01/14-ua-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-262 - Post information for F2f [on Jeanne
    Spellman - due 2010-01-21].

Strategize for candidate recommendation i.e. what browsers will
implament our success criteria

    <jeanne> We need to have a 2 implementations of each of our success
    criteria.

    Jeanne has a list of success criteria online (just the titles, as a
    quick-reference).

    <jeanne> [14]http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2009/UAAGscList.html

      [14] http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2009/UAAGscList.html

    One strategy might be to create browser add-ons that implement
    features we'd like to see but which are not implemented by any
    browsers.

    (Add-ons have shorter development cycle, cheaper cost, and don't
    require as much red tape, etc.)

    Kim notes potential value of brief videos illustrating products
    meeting specific criteria.

    Greg notes also valuable for us to take screen shots illustrating
    products meeting specific criteria.

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: JS to post information for F2f [recorded in
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2010/01/14-ua-minutes.html#action01]
Received on Thursday, 14 January 2010 19:37:52 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 14 January 2010 19:37:52 GMT