ACTION-251 - Revised 4.9.6

From: Markku Hakkinen <markku.hakkinen@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 14:23:23 -0500
To: UAWG list <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
ACTION-251 Include greg, jan comments and title change for 4.9.6

I made the changes, but did not simplify the title as Greg suggested,
as I think the title should be clear as to rate adjustment applies
only to prerecorded content.

Revised text:

4.9.6 Playback Rate Adjustment for Prerecorded Content.

The user can adjust the playback rate of prerecorded audio and/or
video content, such that all of the following are true (Level A):

- The user should be able to adjust the playback rate of the audio
and/or video tracks to between 50% and 250% of real time.

- Speech, whose playback rate has been adjusted by the user, should
maintain pitch in order to prevent degradation of the speech quality.

- Audio and video tracks remain synchronized across this required
range of playback rates.

- The UA should provide a function that resets the playback rate to
normal (100%).