HTML5

From: Jim Allan <jimallan@tsbvi.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 11:48:01 -0500
To: "'UAWG list'" <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
Issue 1: massive document, changing frequently. HTML so complex, and
nuanced, concerns about missing accessibility issues

Issue 2: Fallback content - no user agent provides a mechanism to retrieve
author created fallback content
3.2.5.1.6 Embedded content - definition of fallback content
3.2.5.3 Paragraphs
4.8.4 The embed element
4.8.5 The object element
4.8.7 The video element
4.8.8 The audio element
4.8.11 The canvas element... (lots more in the document)

Issue 3: 3.2.1 Semantics ISSUE-41 (Decentralized-extensibility) blocks
progress to Last Call. HUGE problem for AT. Possible new elements created
that no AT is familiar.

Issue 4: 3.2.6 Annotations for assistive technology products - are these in
sync with ARIA

1100 W. 45th St., Austin, Texas 78756