User Agent - More Discussion

From: Simon Harper <simon.harper@manchester.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 14:27:44 +0000
To: UAWG list <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
Hi there,
so I see that the w3c have created a sensor network activity...
The mission of the Semantic Sensor Network Incubator Group, part of
the Incubator Activity, is to begin the formal process of producing
ontologies that define the capabilities of sensors and sensor
networks, and to develop semantic annotations of a key language used
by services based sensor networks.

Which go me to thinking - is a sensor with a 'hard' interface
(buttons and lights) a user agent? And is the hardware / software
controlling such a network a user agent?

Cheers
Si.

Simon Harper
University of Manchester (UK)