Re: Support for UI Automation

From: David Poehlman <poehlman1@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 06:09:31 -0500
Cc: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
To: Henny Swan <hennys@opera.com>
on windows, you are better off to stick with msaa and hacks but this
has more to do with software than with the web.

On Feb 26, 2009, at 5:04 AM, Henny Swan wrote:

Hi All,

Another quick question for the list if I may.

Does anyone know how well UI Automation is supported by screen readers
such as Jaws, WindowEyes and others such as NVDA? As I understand it
Iaccessible2 is sort of cross platform but not fully (this I am still
a bit unclear on I admit) so I am curious to know if UIA would be a
better route to go down with regards to a robust cross platform
accessibility API.

Thanks in advance, Henny

--
Henny Swan