Re: comment #65

From: david poehlman <poehlman1@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 12:57:11 -0400
Cc: <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
To: "Jim Allan" <jimallan@tsbvi.edu>
I'm not sure the word important is clear enough.

#69. (Re 4.1.8)
Require single keystroke OR key combination, etc.: Change the text
from "are
available in a single keystroke" to "are available using a single
key combination, or sequence of unmodified keystrokes". The
dictionaries I
found online all define keystroke as a single depression of a single
and there are clearly not enough available single keystrokes to assign
all of the important commands. (The reason I also include "or sequence
unmodified keys" is because of the StickyKeys feature which allows the
to emulate a key combination using sequential unmodified keystrokes.)
this is only Level AA it's not high priority, but without a change
such as
this it would not be accomplishing its goal AND it would make Level AA
compliance extremely difficult. (THAT CAN BE MEMORIZED AND ENTERED
CHECKING INTERMEDIATE RESULTS, e.g. F10,F,O is OK for File->Open, but
F10,Down,Down,Enter is not?) (Priority: 2 Medium)

4.1.8 Important Command Functions: Important command functions (e.g.
to navigation, display, content, information management, etc.) are
using a single keystroke, key combination, or sequence of unmodified
keystrokes. (Level AA)

1100 W. 45th St., Austin, Texas 78756