Re: agenda+ for 11 December meeting

From: Jan Richards <jan.richards@utoronto.ca>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 11:13:41 -0500
To: Jeanne Spellman <jeanne@w3.org>
CC: User Agent Working Group <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>

Here's a start...adapted from ATAG2

user agent user interface (non-Web-Based)
Any components of a user agent user interface that runs directly on a
non-user agent platform such as Windows, MacOS, Java Virtual Machine,
etc. Base browsers are always non-Web-Based.

user agent user interface (Web-based)
Any components of a user agent user interface (including documentation,
etc.) that is itself implemented using Web content technologies and is
rendered by a second user agent. For example, an RSS user agent might be
implemented as a Web application .

Jeanne Spellman wrote:
> In reviewing the document, I discovered two links to non-existent
> definitions.  In Guideline 1.1 and 1.2, we refer to "web-based" and
> "non-web-based".
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2008/WD-UAAG20-20081118/Overview.html#principle-follow-specs
> If we want them to be linked, we need to write definitions for them by
> the meeting Thursday.  Can anyone write a proposal for these definitions
> before Thursday?
> Or, we can simply delete the links.
> jeanne

Jan Richards, M.Sc.
User Interface Design Lead
Adaptive Technology Resource Centre (ATRC)
Faculty of Information (i-school)
University of Toronto

   Email: jan.richards@utoronto.ca
   Web:   http://jan.atrc.utoronto.ca