W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-ua@w3.org > October to December 2008

Re: SH Action Options

From: Jan Richards <jan.richards@utoronto.ca>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 12:22:08 -0400
Message-ID: <48E3A3B0.1040406@utoronto.ca>
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org

Hi Simon,

I think I like #1 best but I like the access key example and we need to 
say "recognized" to rule out AJAX key bindings:

The user has the option to establish a persistent set of key-bindings
which will be used to override any *recognized* author defined 
key-binding supplied as part of the content (e.g. access keys), such 
that selecting a user supplied binding will have exactly the same effect 
as selecting the author supplied binding it overrides.

Cheers,
Jan

Simon Harper wrote:
> 
> Hi there,
> 
> I've been thinking about 4.1.x and have come up with 6 different versions:
> 
> 1) The user has the option to establish a persistant set of key-bindings 
> which may override any author defined key-binding supplied as part of 
> the content, such that selecting a user supplied binding will have 
> exactly the same effect as selecting the author supplied binding it 
> overrides.
 >
> 2) The user has the option to persistently override any author defined 
> key-binding supplied as part of the content, such that selecting a user 
> supplied binding will have exactly the same effect as selecting the 
> author supplied binding it overrides.
> 
> 3) The user has the option to persistently override any author defined 
> key-binding supplied as part of the content (e.g. access-keys), such 
> that selecting the user supplied binding will have exactly the same 
> effect as selecting the author supplied binding it overrides.
 >
> 4) The user has the option to override any author defined key-binding 
> supplied as part of the content (e.g. access-keys), such that selecting 
> the user supplied binding will have exactly the same effect as selecting 
> the author supplied binding it overrides. User Bindings should be 
> persistent (storable), with one set of bindings being applied across all 
> Web sites.
 >
> 5) The user has the option to override any author defined key-binding 
> supplied as part of the content (e.g. access-keys) by defining a 
> personal and persistent set of keyboard mappings, such that selecting 
> the user supplied mapping will have exactly the same effect as selecting 
> the author supplied binding it maps to.
> 
> 6) The user has the option to override any author defined key-binding 
> supplied as part of the content (e.g. access-keys) by defining a 
> personal and persistent set of keyboard mappings, such that selecting 
> the user supplied mapping will have exactly the same effect as selecting 
> the author supplied binding it maps to. Further, if no author defined 
> key-binding is supplied selecting the user supplied mapping will have no 
> effect.
> 
> 
> 
> 
> Cheers
> Si.
> 
> =======================
> 
> Simon Harper
> University of Manchester (UK)
> 
> Human Centred Web Lab: http://hcw.cs.manchester.ac.uk
> My Site: http://hcw.cs.manchester.ac.uk/people/harper/
> My Diary (iCal): http://hcw.cs.manchester.ac.uk/diaries/SimonHarper.ics
> 
> +----------------------[ NEW & INTERESTING 
> ]--------------------------------------+
>   ASSETS 2008                . 13-15 Oct 2008 . 
> http://www.sigaccess.org/assets08
> +---------------------------------------------------------------------------------+ 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 

-- 
Jan Richards, M.Sc.
User Interface Design Lead
Adaptive Technology Resource Centre (ATRC)
Faculty of Information (i-school)
University of Toronto

   Email: jan.richards@utoronto.ca
   Web:   http://jan.atrc.utoronto.ca
   Phone: 416-946-7060
   Fax:   416-971-2896
Received on Wednesday, 1 October 2008 16:22:43 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 27 October 2009 06:52:05 GMT