Action: update 4.1.9

From: Jim Allan <jimallan@tsbvi.edu>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 10:06:39 -0500
To: <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>

Jallan update 4.9 [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/08/21-ua-minutes.html#action12]

The problem: the status of 4.1.9 on
http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2008/status41.htm was a mess. Text of the success
criteria was correct. The status and new version were for a different
success criteria. My error.

4.1.9 was incorporated into 4.1.2 see
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2008JulSep/0024.html for
details.

We approved a wordsmithed version of 4.1.2 during the August 21 telecon. See
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2008JulSep/0108.html

Recommend we drop 4.1.9

Errata:
the <new> information (see below) on 4.1.9 is actually related to 4.1.10
that we will discuss on today's call.

" <new>
User can set configurations that persist between sessions for keyboard
commands for both user interface and recognized content.

GJR friendly amendment: Users SHOULD have the choice of applying specific
configurations for a specific site, for the duration of a particular
session, in the same manner that a user can control cookie collection
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2008JulSep/0056.html>

ACTION: Gregory - wordsmith user configuration, persistence and override GL
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-ua-minutes.html#action03]

</new>"

1100 W. 45th St., Austin, Texas 78756