W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-ua@w3.org > January to March 2008

Minutes from User Agent Teleconference for January 17, 2008

From: Jan Richards <jan.richards@utoronto.ca>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 13:59:44 -0500
Message-ID: <478FA5A0.2060506@utoronto.ca>
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org

Minutes:
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/17-ua-minutes.html

Action Items (carried over):
ACTION: GR to To review first public working draft of HTML5 - user agent
conformance section
ACTION: JR to Review WCAG 2.0 LC
ACTION: JA to Review WCAG 2.0 LC
ACTION: CL to Review WCAG 2.0 LC
ACTION: JA to Ping CG and PF about AIA
ACTION: JR to Update Editor's Draft

Full text of Minutes:

WAI UA
17 Jan 2008
Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees
Present
Jan, Gregory_Rosmaita, cklaws
Regrets
Peter, Parente
Chair
SV_MEETING_CHAIR
Scribe
Jan
Contents
Topics
JA to Ping CG and PF about AIA
JR to Check out "available programmatically "
Summary of Action Items

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------





<scribe> Scribe: Jan

GR: HTML WG update...
... Vote to release HTML5...
... By standards it has carried....but 2 formal objections...
... WHAT-WG concern...they originated HTML5 but are outside W3C...
... Date for publication to be Jan. 22

JA to Ping CG and PF about AIA
GR: Gives some AIA background

JR to Check out "available programmatically "
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2008JanMar/0006.html

JR: Reads it

CL: Programmic read-access etc. is defined where we use it GL6.1...

JR: What about Web-based user agents

GR: What we need is common glossary...

<oedipus> GJR takes old "printable glossary" and compare to the current 
glossaries of other WAI specs in ESW wiki space

GR: Good exercise would be to compare terms and align concepts...
... PF not using a common glossary

JR: also practical problem that words have diff meaning depending on context

<oedipus> GJR: at least ATAG, UAAG and ARIA -- if words have different 
meanings according to context, then we need to explain that somewhere

<oedipus> CL: ERT, too

JR: Maybe I should talk to Al G.

GR: Now would be a good time to talk to them since docs are being combined

CL: What's status of the those docs?

GR: Role and state combined then best practices separate as executive 
layer-type of doc
... ARIA spec is getting really large to a primer is needed
... Have nagging concern that best practices and checklists allow people 
to not go further

CL: But in previous specs into details right away without big picture

GR: EO group is preparing a frequently asked questions doc for 
ARIA...most abstract layer
... If you go to PF group page the latest drafts are there prior to 
Editor's F2F last week
... Actually they are pre-Tech plenary

CL: Will have regrets next week

JR: All, make sure to send your UAAG-perspective comments to the list

GR: When HTML5 comes out, I'll do the UAAG review

bye

Summary of Action Items
Received on Thursday, 17 January 2008 18:59:24 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 27 October 2009 06:51:53 GMT