Small But Interesting Change in Firefox 3 Beta

From: Kelly Ford <kford@windows.microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 05:58:44 -0800
To: 'WAI-ua' <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
All,

In looking at Firefox 3 beta 2, I noticed a small change that relates to some of our user agent guidelines that I thought I'd mention.  If you look under Tools:Options:Advanced:General Accessibility, there's now a check box to be alerted to pages that try and redirect or do automatic refreshes.  This box is the third check box under Firefox accessibility settings.

The option is off by default.  When on you get a Firefox alert that seems much like their pop-up alerts with an option to allow the action to happen.

This doesn't work with partial page refreshes from what I can ttell (dynamic content and such) but for pages that have a refresh option specificied does seem to work.

Thanks,

Kelly