W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-ua@w3.org > April to June 2008

Fw: Minutes of User Agent Teleconference of 26 June, 2008

From: Michael A Squillace <masquill@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 15:42:52 -0500
To: jeanne@w3.org, w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
Message-ID: <OF7BC1D456.21526631-ON85257474.0071AE09-86257474.0071AD32@us.ibm.com>
FYI - Actual URL for Eclipse Accessibility Tools Framework (ACTF)

http://www.eclipse.org/actf

and for AccProbe:

http://www.eclipse.org/actf/downloads/tools/accprobe/index.php



--> Mike Squillace
IBM Human Ability and Accessibility Center
Austin, TX

W:512.823.7423
M:512.970.0066

masquill@us.ibm.com
www.ibm.com/able
----- Forwarded by Michael A Squillace/Austin/IBM on 06/26/2008 03:40 PM 
-----

Catherine Laws/Austin/IBM 
06/26/2008 03:01 PM

To
Michael A Squillace/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
cc

Subject
Fw: Minutes of User Agent Teleconference of 26 June, 2008





FYI...the W3C UAAG group is taking a look at AccProbe. 

Cathy Laws

IBM Research  Human Ability & Accessibility Center
Manager - Technical Consulting and Project Office
11501 Burnet Road,  Bldg 904 Office 5D016, Austin, Texas 78758
Phone: (512) 838-4595  FAX: (512) 246-8502
E-mail: claws@us.ibm.com, Web: http://www.ibm.com/able

Let us throw off everything that hinders...and let us run with 
perseverance the race marked out for us. 
----- Forwarded by Catherine Laws/Austin/IBM on 06/26/2008 03:00 PM -----

Jeanne Spellman <jeanne@w3.org> 
Sent by: w3c-wai-ua-request@w3.org
06/26/2008 02:41 PM

To
User Agent Working Group <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
cc

Subject
Minutes of User Agent Teleconference of 26 June, 2008







User Agent Working Group Teleconference
26 Jun 2008

Agenda:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2008AprJun/0159.html

See also: IRC log
http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-ua-irc

Summary of Action Items
ACTION: Change Charter Timeline View Summary for December 2008 to say 
"First Working Draft of Techniques"
ACTION: Jeanne add in "First Draft of Test Materials for June 2009"
ACTION: Jeanne will check the Process document to see if all the 
deliverables have to be tracked in the Milestones section.
ACTION: Jeanne will schedule a meeting for a briefing on AccProbe with 
background material.
ACTION: Jeanne will update the Charter to add the Testing Materials 
document to the Success Critieria and the milestones updated with all 
documents.
ACTION: Jeanne will work on cleaning up the page with the comparison of 
the keyboard proposals for Monday.
 

-- 

Text of the minutes follows:


Attendees

Present: Judy Brewer, Jeanne Spellman, Simon Harper, Kelly Ford
Regrets
    Jim_Allan, Jan_Richards
Chair
    Judy Brewer
Scribe
    jeanne

Contents

    * Topics
         1. July 3rd meeting
         2. Charter
         3. Keyboard topics
    * Summary of Action Items

 

 

<scribe> scribenick:jeanne
July 3rd meeting

JB: Light turnout today, so we will need to do more work. Kelly, Simon 
and Jeanne are available. Judy may be traveling. US Holiday on the 4th.
... We will check back at the end of the meeting, and check with the list.
Charter

<scribe> ACTION: Jeanne will update the Charter to add the Testing 
Materials document to the Success Critieria and the milestones updated 
with all documents. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-ua-irc]

<scribe> ACTION: Jeanne will check the Process document to see if all 
the deliverables have to be tracked in the Milestones section. [recorded 
in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-ua-irc]

JB: would like to see publication before December for Techniques.

KF: Thinks that December is a realistic date.

JB: Reviews the publication process: Editors draft, Public Working Draft 
(which should be published about every 3 months).\
... Techniques are not normative, and are not fixed. It can start 
incomplete.

SH: We are in the process of publishing a literature review where 
techniques and solutions to accessibility problems.
... It is in the form of a technical report. Would have no problems 
releasing it to the group.

JB: Did you look at the Requirements document for UAAG 2.0?

SH: This is the second draft, it has about 70 citations, but I expect it 
to be at 140 by the end.

<scribe> ACTION: Change Charter Timeline View Summary for December 2008 
to say "First Working Draft of Techniques" [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-ua-irc]

KF: Reasonable to publish 2 drafts before December would be reasonable. 
It will be a chance to put more action into the group.
... Recommend publishing in the middle of August and middle of November.

JB: August is not a good time because of holidays. Aiming for September 
2008 would be more realistic.
... Then do a tandem release of Guidelines and Techniques so they are 
published together.
... in December 2008.
... There is no schedule of the Test Suite in the Timeline view.
... When is it reasonable to start bringing the Test Suite on line? 
Sometime in Q2 2009 we should have test materials coming on line.

KF: It seems reasonable. We would be able to contribute some tests.

<scribe> ACTION: Jeanne add in "First Draft of Test Materials for June 
2009" [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-ua-irc]

SH: What sort of Test Materials?

JB: There is flexibility, we need to write a requirements document. It 
has been an issue with WCAG Test Suite with many opinions. '

SH: Is the Eclipse ACTF AccProbe which allows testing of content and 
user interface.

<Judy> http://www.eclipse.org/actf/

<Judy> http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/actf/

<Judy> UAAG 1.0 old test materials: http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/TS/html401/

SH: Validation agent in AccProbe is mature for testing user interfaces, 
not as mature for testing content.
... We may be able to use some XML test routines by December.
... they are trying to move it to Firefox, Opera and IE platform.

JB: This would be good to have a briefing on this in the next few months.

<scribe> ACTION: Jeanne will schedule a meeting for a briefing on 
AccProbe with background material. [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-ua-irc]

JB: Recommend adding a deliverable at beginning of 2. Add a requirements 
document for the Test Materials as an internal document and perhaps a 
W3C note.
... Let's not add it to the list but keep that in mind.
... Jeanne and I will add in quarterly steps before bringing it to 
Management Team.

There were no objections to Jeanne and Judy working on the timeline.
Keyboard topics

http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2008/keyboardProposals20080624.html

JB: Jim sent out a number of emails of different issues. Jeanne pulled 
it into one page where it could be compared in the larger structure of 
the Guideline.
... We need to condense and streamline this section. The titles for each 
section need to be more clear.
... for example, Precedence of Keystroke Processing (4.1.2) should be 
Documentation of Keystroke Processing
... "Chrome" interface is redundant.

<scribe> ACTION: Jeanne will work on cleaning up the page with the 
comparison of the keyboard proposals for Monday. [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-ua-irc]

SH, KF, are available for July 10. Judy and Jeanne will check people's 
availability for the 3rd.
Summary of Action Items
[NEW] ACTION: Change Charter Timeline View Summary for December 2008 to 
say "First Working Draft of Techniques" [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-ua-irc]
[NEW] ACTION: Jeanne add in "First Draft of Test Materials for June 
2009" [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-ua-irc]
[NEW] ACTION: Jeanne will check the Process document to see if all the 
deliverables have to be tracked in the Milestones section. [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-ua-irc]
[NEW] ACTION: Jeanne will schedule a meeting for a briefing on AccProbe 
with background material. [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-ua-irc]
[NEW] ACTION: Jeanne will update the Charter to add the Testing 
Materials document to the Success Critieria and the milestones updated 
with all documents. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-ua-irc]
[NEW] ACTION: Jeanne will work on cleaning up the page with the 
comparison of the keyboard proposals for Monday. [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-ua-irc]
 
Received on Thursday, 26 June 2008 20:43:50 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 27 October 2009 06:51:57 GMT