W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-ua@w3.org > October to December 2007

Minutes from UAWG Conference Call (20 December 2007)

From: Jan Richards <jan.richards@utoronto.ca>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 13:58:56 -0500
Message-ID: <476ABB70.2000303@utoronto.ca>
To: WAI-UA list <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>

Minutes:

http://www.w3.org/2007/12/20-ua-minutes.html


Action Items:

ACTION: GR to To review first public working draft of HTML5 - user agent 
conformance section
ACTION: JR to Review WCAG 2.0 LC
ACTION: JA to Review WCAG 2.0 LC
ACTION: CL to Review WCAG 2.0 LC
ACTION: JR to Check out "available programmatically " to see if we have 
a defn
ACTION: JA to Ping CG and PF about AIA
ACTION: JR to Update Editor's Draft


Full Text:

All: Some discussion of AIA and some connections.

Last week's Action Items:

-ACTION: JR to Review WCAG 2.0 LC
... JA to Review WCAG 2.0 LC
... CL to Review WCAG 2.0 LC
... JR to Look into "denial of Service" issue re IBM
... JR to Work on 2.3 proposal to make provision 2 more general - not 
just visual
... JR to Check out "available programmatically " to see if we have a defn
... JA to Ping CG and PF about AIA.
... JR to Check when publishing moratoria are [8]

GR: Report on HTML5 progress to being an official working draft

<scribe> ACTION: GR to To review first public working draft of HTML5 - 
user agent conformance section [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/12/20-ua-minutes.html#action01]

GR: And will bring other items back to the list
... oh and had an action item to look at Editor's draft change tracking
... The new DIFF script in W3C uses <del> and <ins>

<AllanJ> link to DIFF 
http://www.w3.org/blog/systeam/2007/10/25/online_htmldiff_service

<AllanJ> above was information, actual service is 
http://www.w3.org/2007/10/htmldiff

GR: But also need to negotiate other stuff like age of an issue, 
editorial comment etc

KF: Why can't we use an invisible one pixel graphic with alt text with 
comment text

GR: Tried this with pseudo elements but not exposed to AT
... Wanted to use overflow technique

Action item review
<scribe> ACTION: JR to Review WCAG 2.0 LC [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/12/20-ua-minutes.html#action02]

<scribe> ACTION: JA to Review WCAG 2.0 LC [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/12/20-ua-minutes.html#action03]

<scribe> ACTION: CL to Review WCAG 2.0 LC [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/12/20-ua-minutes.html#action04]

JR: Look into "denial of Service" issue re IBM: Known issue - prob on 
IBM side

<scribe> ACTION: JR to Check out "available programmatically " to see if 
we have a defn [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/12/20-ua-minutes.html#action05]

me/ yes

<oedipus> WCAG2 Technique C7 (overflow to hide text in plain sight): 
http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-TECHS/C7.html

<scribe> ACTION: JA to Ping CG and PF about AIA [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/12/20-ua-minutes.html#action06]

JR: Reported moratoria dates to the list

JR to Work on 2.3 proposal to make provision 2 more general - not just 
visual...

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2007OctDec/0076.html

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2007OctDec/0078.html

<oedipus> GJR +1 to "conditional content" - not equivalents - not 
knowable by UA

<oedipus> GJR's plus one was to: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2007OctDec/0076.html

<KFord> revised item here seems good for editor draft to me.

All: Agreed to use 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2007OctDec/0076.html in 
next draft
... Agree including new glossary wordings

<scribe> ACTION: JR to Update Editor's Draft [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/12/20-ua-minutes.html#action07]

<oedipus> FYI: 2 HTML5 wiki pages on a11y terminology and consensus: 
http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/AccessibilityConsensus and 
http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/CommonVocabularyAndDefinitions

Summary of Action Items
[NEW] ACTION: CL to Review WCAG 2.0 LC [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/12/20-ua-minutes.html#action04]
[NEW] ACTION: GR to To review first public working draft of HTML5 - user 
agent conformance section [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/12/20-ua-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: JA to Ping CG and PF about AIA [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/12/20-ua-minutes.html#action06]
[NEW] ACTION: JA to Review WCAG 2.0 LC [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/12/20-ua-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: JR to Check out "available programmatically " to see if we 
have a defn [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/12/20-ua-minutes.html#action05]
[NEW] ACTION: JR to Review WCAG 2.0 LC [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/12/20-ua-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: JR to Update Editor's Draft [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/12/20-ua-minutes.html#action07]
Received on Thursday, 20 December 2007 18:59:03 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 27 October 2009 06:51:50 GMT