UAAG 2.0 Proposal for rewording 4.4 (+using the wiki)

From: Jan Richards <jan.richards@utoronto.ca>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 16:01:24 -0400
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org

On July 3, I committed a proposal to the Wiki, but actually it would be
better if proposals went to the list and then we link to them from the
wiki until they are accepted.

So I've replaced the original text and will make the proposal here.
Basically, it is a proposal to simplify checkpoint 4.4 Slow multimedia
(http://www.w3.org/TR/UAAG10/guidelines.html#tech-slow-multimedia) so
that is has two requirements instead of four:

1. For multimedia with audio tracks or audio-only presentations, allow
the presentation rate to be slowed to at least 80% of the original
speed, such that any visual tracks remain synchronized.

2. For multimedia with visual tracks or video-only presentations, allow
the presentation rate to be slowed to at least 50% of the original
speed, such that any audio tracks remain synchronized at speeds of 80%
of the original speed or higher. Below 80% of the original speed, the
user agent is not required to render the audio tracks.

Cheers,
Jan