RE: User Agent Teleconference for December 7 2006

comments inline JA:
Jim

Jan wrote:
> 11.2 Current author input configuration (P2)
> - OK, but I find the phrasing "author-specified input configuration"
> preferable to "author input configuration"

JA: I agree. more accurate

> 11.3 Allow override of bindings (P2)
> - likely to cause even more problems with accesskey but that's probably
> unavoidable.

JA: this is not related to author-specified input bindings. it is related to
the UA interface.

> 11.4 Single-key access (P2)
> - I think this could be read as meaning single key bindings must be
> possible: "Allow the user to override any binding in the user agent
> default keyboard configuration with a binding to either a key plus
> modifier keys or to a single key."
> - Maybe put "single-key binding" on the glossary instead of defining it
> here.

JA: Disagree. I think the 'or' provides options for UA developer. There has
to be a keyboard interface 1.1, checkpoint 11.4 is saying allow the user to
simplify the keys used.