re: W3C User Agent Teleconference for 24 August 2006

From: Catherine Laws <claws@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 17:49:53 -0500
To: Jan Richards <jan.richards@utoronto.ca>
Cc: WAI-UA list <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>

After rereading 6.1 and 6.2, I think the note under 6.2 is trying to tell
us that 6.1 is specifying what content/information items (document,
element, attribute, character) must be accessible programatically, and 6.2
is discussing how to access that content and information (in-process or
out-of-process DOM interfaces exposed through JavaScript, XUL, COM C++
bindings, accessibility APIs, etc). As we discussed, a major concern with
these 2 guidelines is that out-of-process DOM APIs (such as accessibility
APIs and ISimpleDOMNode) are often readonly and not read/write, which can
be a problem for users of these APIs, such as ATs. But in-process APIs,
such as JavaScript and XUL, which are used by plugins, extensions, and
DHTML/AJAX Web applications, are read-write so there isn't a problem for
them.

Cathy Laws

Manager - IBM Software Group (SWG) Accessibility Architecture and
Development
11501 Burnet Road,  Bldg 902 Office 2C016, Austin, Texas 78758
Phone: (512) 838-4595  FAX: (512) 246-8502
E-mail: claws@us.ibm.com, Web: http://www.ibm.com/able

Everyday that we leave behind  goes on to tell the truth, of how we lived
in the line between the two.   Mark Harris

             Jan Richards
             <jan.richards@uto
             ronto.ca>                                                  To
             Sent by:                  WAI-UA list <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
             w3c-wai-ua-reques                                          cc
             t@w3.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       re: W3C User Agent Teleconference
             08/24/2006 02:07          for 24 August 2006
             PM

http://www.w3.org/2006/08/24-ua-minutes.html

Action Items:

ACTION: JA to Contact Judy Brewer about IBM having a third rep on UA

ACTION: CL to ask Rich about implications of 6.1 - is AJAX related?

ACTION: JA add xul url to references "Writing to DOM in Firefox using XUL"

ACTION: JA: add uno reference, and XPCOM. expand #2 atk to be atk/atspi

graycol.gif
(image/gif attachment: graycol.gif)

pic04889.gif
(image/gif attachment: pic04889.gif)