Question on HTML Widgets

From: Jon Gunderson <jongund@uiuc.edu>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 09:20:29 -0600
To: Jessie Li - Sun Microsystems - Beijing China <Jessie.Li@Sun.COM>
Cc: Peter Korn <korn@Sun.COM>, W3C WAI-UAWG <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
Jessie,

We will update the test suites with your suggestions.  I have
one question, what are html widgets?

MC-574

WWW: http://cita.rehab.uiuc.edu/
WWW: https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/jongund/www/

attached mail follows:

Hi Jon,

The test pages are great. Thanks for your efforts. I have some comments below:

For the Forms test page:
1. For each form element, it is better to list all the properties. Take "text area" as an example, one is normal, one is no value, one is disabled, one is read only, etc. Please see the attachment about them.

2. For the list box, it is better to have more types. The current list boxes are all drop-down list box, we can add some list box which display all the options in the screen. Or add a list box which only has one option, etc.

3. Do you have a plan to write a page including all the html widgets instead of only forms elements?

We will use your page as our testing page, then we may have more comments on them.

Regards,
Jessie